Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Award!

Today I found out that I am going to be awarded a Certificate of Appreciation at the Neubacher Award Ceremony in October, for creating a supportive community for students with learning differences.

It's pretty cool! Especially since at the time nominations were happening, all I had done was start the LDSA. Since then I've been working on cofounding a group specifically for people on the spectrum, and this Fall I am kicking off a new student mentoring program for freshmen and transfer students with disabilities. A big event with all kinds of LD experts coming to speak to dispel myths about LDs in academia is in the works, too. I wish I could make this kind of thing my job. I don't think I am ever going to find something more important to do than what I am doing right now.

I guess I finally figured it out. THIS is why I came to the University of Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment