Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Waiting...

Things are going a little bit better. I am just waiting to get all the documentation I need for my academic standards board petition. I'd like to start working on the part of the appeal that I have to write, but it'll be hard to do that before seeing my documentation from the autism center. Even though I know what difficulties I have, I don't know what I have a medical professional backing me up on yet, and they'll want undeniable proof about everything I say. Hopefully the documentation paperwork is something I can work with. Last time I was able to talk to the psychologist who wrote my report, for my LD screening, and get it customized to suit my needs for the petition but there isn't time to do that now. So I just have to hope they hit on the right things.

I spoke with my professor to explain what has been going on with class and everything and all she said was, "thank you for this detailed explanation. I will start working on your letter." So I have no idea what she'll write. Hopefully it is something helpful. Her and her class may be the biggest barriers to convincing the board that I genuinely have a disability. *sigh* Whatever happened to the days when medical professionals actually made decisions? If it's not insurance companies, it's schools.

I've told the Washington program that I will for sure be attending in the Winter. Sooner or later I need to bring up the issue of accommodations, in terms of housing and academics, and I know I should do it sooner rather than later, but ten months in advance seems a little bit excessive. I don't know. I am just afraid they'll be like "ohhhh maybe you shouldn't come after all." I don't know how to explain it in a way that won't make them think they can't work with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment